If you’re looking for the best wax for black cars of this year, stick with us till the end of the article for all the details.
We considered a number of features such as abrasiveness, how it works with other materials, ease of use, and how long it lasts.
Best Wax for Black Cars (Updated List)
When it comes to black cars, they require a good deal of upkeep so they don’t look worn or older than they are.
Wax is great for this since it improves the luster of your finish, with some even fixing scratches and swirls.
Furthermore, it’s important to have the best wax for black cars so that your vehicle will be properly protected and look new.
But before we get into the rankings, let’s take a look at our top three picks based on quality, endurance, and overall price-to value ratio:
10. WEICA Black Solid Car Wax
- 【More professional]】Use high-quality carnauba car wax paste, customized for different colors of car...
- 【More durable】A bottle of 180g, can be used 5-10 times, one use can last for 2-3 months, which can...
- 【Brighter】Contains the latest high gloss polymer, no peculiar smell, no abrasive particles, the...
The WEICA Car Wax is designed specifically for use on black cars, but you can also choose two other variants for red and white vehicles.
Their product promises to offer extra melanin – for those who don’t know, it’s the pigment that makes skin black. While it’s only a marketing ploy, so far it seems that their product holds up and does indeed give a more glossy finish.
The hydrophobic properties of the WEICA Black Solid make it stand out even when you’re driving through a summer storm. Furthermore, it greatly reduces scratch damage even from intentional scratching such as a vandal trying to key your vehicle.
The WEICA Black Solid Car Wax also includes a towel and a waxing sponge inside the delivery package.
It’s made from environmentally friendly materials with advanced polymers and spice. It’s got no peculiar smell and no abrasive particles whatsoever.
9. SHINE ARMOR Liquid Spray Carnauba Wax
- Jaw Dropping Shine - Seal and polish your vehicle and give it a brilliant mirror like finish and showroom...
- Advanced Technology - Say hello to car detailing supplies of the future with our nanotechnology carnauba...
- Quick and Convenient - Enjoy long lasting protection and shine in minutes with our spray on car wax for...
Shine armor’s Liquid Spray is overall a great choice for black cars and even for cars of other colors.
It perfectly seals and polishes your vehicle’s paint, giving it a smooth, streak-free, glossy finish. The spray is so easy to use that you will most likely be done polishing an entire car in around 30 minutes.
Simply spray on this car sealant kit on your car’s exterior and easily wipe it off with a clean cloth. That’s it. That’s how easy the SHINE ARMOR Liquid Spray Carnauba Wax is to use.
The SHINE ARMOR Liquid Spray Carnauba Wax’s main selling point is its overall ease of use.
While it might not be as good as other products on this list, it will still do a great job and it’s a solid buy for anyone who’s always in a hurry and doesn’t have time to wax their car as much as others.
8. Turtle Wax T-3KT Black Box Kit
- Can be used to protect a new finish as well as restore the clarity of an older neglected black finish.
- One-of-a-kind black tinted pre-cleaner and conditioner removes scratches, swirl marks and surface...
- The pre-cleaner is quickly and easily removed with the unique black tinted spray detailer, fortified with...
Starting off the countdown for the best wax for black cars is the Turtle Wax T-3KT Kit.
This utilizes a proprietary black-tinted technology that helps to fill in surface blemishes in addition to leaving a glossy finish.
By doing so, the Turtle Wax Black Box Kit can help revitalize paint to give it a like-new appearance. It also has UV protective qualities to help fight off fading.
This product contains more than a standard wax kit. It has one 12 fl. oz pre-wax cleaner and conditioner, a 12 fl. oz bottle of deep black carnauba wax, two 12 fl. oz black spray detailers, and two applicators.
The Turtle Wax T-3KT Black Box Kit does a fantastic job for cleaning and maintaining black paint on both off-road cars and vehicles that mostly stay inside the garage.
We recommend using this kit especially after pressure washing your car, as it can remove swirls, give your paint a nice finish if it’s dealt with snow, salt, and other elements, and because the spray detailers have regenerative properties.
7. Surf City Garage 922 Black Edge Carnauba Wax
- Creates a deep, wet shine
- Contains pigmentations to help hide swirl marks & scratches
- Carnauba polymer-based formula for lasting protection & a sleek shine
The Surf City Garage Black Edge is formulated to give the black paint a deep gloss.
It holds up decently through a number of washes, much of the protection due to the carnauba polymer-based formula. The pigmentations in it are meant to help hide swirl marks as well as minor scratches.
It can work well in the sun to help protect your car over time. Furthermore, the Surf City Garage 922 Carnauba Wax leaves little to no build-up behind on the paint. Rather, the finish is sleek and almost transparent.
The Surf City Garage 922 Black Edge Carnauba Wax creates a deep, wet shine on your car’s black paint.
It hides swirls marks and scratches, acts as a sacrificial layer between your paint and the sun’s UV rays, and it comes at a highly affordable price.
6. Turtle Wax T-11 Black Spray Wax
Created specifically for black cars, the Turtle Wax T-11 utilizes black-tinted technology to help give the cars mirror-like reflections.
More so, it is designed to work with various shades of blacks. It is made with a Carnauba-enriched formula to help remove fingerprints and light layers of dust. This wax is one that is relatively safe to use on black plastic or rubber trim.
The Turtle Wax Black Spray Wax should be shaken well before use so that you get the most from it. Also, it applies better when done under cool, shaded conditions.
The Turtle Wax T-11 Black Spray Wax is easy to use and keeps the black paint shiny for a prolonged period.
It’s made for universal applications and it can be used on different shades of black without any problems. And it’s one of the best gloss enhancers we have stumbled upon so far.
5. Pinnacle Natural Brilliance Souveran Paste Wax
- Easy to use
- Pinnacle Souveran's buttery texture enables it to be wiped off easily with any towel, but you'll find it...
- The prime ingredient in Pinnacle Souveran Wax is Brazilian Ivory Carnauba
The Pinnacle Natural Brilliance Wax is made from a blend of Brazilian ivory carnauba and natural oils.
Using a blend such as this helps give your car a richer shimmer. It also grants your car a layer of protection against the elements.
The Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax is made with user-friendly guidelines in mind. It goes on with no trouble, leaving no chalky haze behind since the wax wipes off wet.
Although this wax may not be ideal for someone who wants a quicker, less expensive solution, it still may be the best wax for black cars for those of you who are wax perfectionists. It comes with a kit that has a microfiber towel and a hand applicator pad.
The Pinnacle Natural Brilliance Souveran Paste Wax has a buttery texture that allows users to quickly wipe it off with any towel.
Many users were surprised at how good it is even when compared to the more well-known brands out there. However, since its shine doesn’t last as long, we recommend also using some aluminum polish from time to time along with this product.
4. Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Color Enhancer
- EYE-CANDY FOR DARK CARS - Black Light offers an unmatched deep wet shine for black and dark-colored...
- HYBRID GLAZE TECHNOLOGY - Enhance shine, fill minor imperfections, and seal your car's paint in one step.
- TIME-SAVER - Achieve a sealed, glossy finish without the need for multiple products or steps.
To add a deep wet shine to your car, the Chemical Guys Black Light Color Enhancer is made from a fully synthetic nano blended formula along with gloss enhancers and bi-blend technology.
This helps to create a smooth finish overall. It is not just ideal for black cars, it can aid with many dark finishes such as gray, maroon, etc. You can spread this easily using either your hands or a machine.
This Radiant Finish Color Enhancer from Chemical Guys comes in a variety of sizes so you can choose the one you actually need. It can be purchased in a 4 oz, 16 oz, 64 oz (1/2 gallon), or 128 oz (1 gallon). Having this fantastic variety of sizes and prices is yet another reason why we recommend this product so much.
The Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Color Enhancer is an excellent choice as long as your vehicle doesn’t have many noticeable scratches.
We were pleasantly surprised to see so many users raving about how good it is otherwise. The product gives any black vehicle a subtle, glossy finish, and it’s much easier to use and wipe off even than other waxes on this list.
3. Meguiar’s G6207 Black Wax Paste
- Black Wax
- The perfect wax for dark colored cars!
- Specially formulated for dark to black colors
Another product in the running for the best wax for black cars is the Meguiar’s G6207 Black Wax Paste.
It polishes in a gentle, yet quick manner. The formula is designed with black paint in mind, so it is able to give off a good sheen.
It uses blended polymers, polishing oils, and micro-polishing agents that add to the gloss in addition to eliminating swirls. Also, this blend creates a nice barrier so that dirt and water can slide off.
The Black Wax Paste from Meguiar’s comes with a hand applicator pad. However, it can be applied by a DA Polisher MT300 or a DA Power System G3500 as well. All in all, it is long-lasting and durable to withstand weather and washes.
Meguiar’s G6207 Black Wax Paste is best applied in the shade, but if you can’t do that it’s also ok to apply it in the sun.
You should be aware that low temperatures and/or high humidity can prolong the initial curing time of the Black Wax, so use it wisely.
2. Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax
- HIGH SHINE FORMULA – Formulated from a blend of natural Carnauba, polymers and resins, Butter Wet Wax...
- SAFE FOR ALL FINISHES – Butter Wet Wax can be applied to your car, boat, motorcycle, SUV, truck or...
- JUST LIKE WE NEED SUN SCREEN, YOUR CAR NEEDS PROTECTION TOO – The sun is one of the most harmful...
The Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax gives off a great smell. It is made of 100% carnauba-based wax.
This formula works well for giving your car a “wetter” look, but at the same time, it allows for an easy application. It is designed so that it can melt and blend easier into the paint, and it doesn’t require drying time. For durability, it is UVA and UVB protected.
It is available in four different sizes: 1 gallon, half a gallon, 4 oz, and 16 oz. Regardless of which size you purchase, the Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax offers good value to last through a handful of uses. To take better care of your car you should also use rust prevention sprays.
The Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax is our second choice for the best wax for black cars currently on the market.
And for good reason. On top of everything we’ve mentioned above, the product also offers prolonged protection against UVA and UVB rays.
1. CarGuys Liquid Wax
- ✅ Only apply 1-2 times a year! – Are you tired of using products that look great, but don’t last?...
- ✅ Super Easy to Apply and Buff! – No professional needed! See why all our customers rave at how...
- ✅ Super Slick Mirror Shine! – Most products nowadays will make your vehicle look pretty good. Our...
Topping off the countdown to find the best wax for black cars is the CarGuys Liquid Wax.
This is made from a purely synthetic polymer sealant. So, it may lack the perfume smell from other waxes, but it still provides a deep, glossy appearance.
It is capable of being provided under the sun, and as for durability, it is known to last almost half a year before needing to be reapplied. It’s also the only entry on this list that doubles as a sealant for black cars. Most other brands offer the sealant as a separate product.
With the slick design, it allows for water to bead easily, which helps fight off elements like rain. When purchasing this CarGuys Liquid Wax, you also get a full detailing kit. This includes an applicator pad and a microfiber towel.
The CarGuys Liquid Wax gives out a super slick mirror shine each and every time you apply it.
It’s our main pick for the best wax for black cars in 2020 because it has so many advantages and so few disadvantages when compared to any other wax we’ve reviews so far.
After examining those six well-reviewed and best-selling products, we came to the conclusion that the CarGuys Liquid Wax is the best wax for black cars. It is a long-lasting wax that provides excellent protection from the elements.
The wax covers well enough so that you don’t have to go over it more than once during one application. It’s a good value as well for those looking for a budget-friendly choice. What do you think about our top choice? Let us know in the comments below.