This article lists some of the best cabin air filter choices available on the market today.
Replacing the cabin air filter in your vehicle can provide you and your passengers with cleaner air to breathe and thus inherently increase your life expectancy.
Best Cabin Air Filter (Updated List)
More than likely, you take care of replacing the engine air filter during routine maintenance and the cabin air filter doesn’t even cross your mind.
However, you may want to add that extra layer of protection to your maintenance list. The best cabin air filter is an important buffer between vehicle riders and pollutants such as dust, smog, pollen, and mold spores.
We have listed below several models worth looking into. However, before getting into the actual rankings, let’s look at the top three picks based on reliability, vehicle compatibility, and overall performance.
7. Spearhead Premium Breathe Easy Cabin Filter
- UP TO 25% LONGER LIFE – Our honeycombed charcoal weaves are engineered to last up to 15,000 miles, 25%...
- 2X HEAVIER VS. STANDARD CABIN FILTERS – We use thick, industrial strength electrostatic media to trap...
- 3-STAGE FILTRATION SYSTEM – Road debris, exhaust fumes, and allergens go through 3 layers of...
- Brand: Spearhead
- Dimensions: Comes in variable sizes
- Item Number: BE-811
- Cleaning Component: Dust, anti-microbial, and absorption filters
- Brand Replacement: Various
- Replacement Interval: 14 months or 15,000 miles
Coming in a wide variety of different sizes for all types and brands of vehicles, the Spearhead Premium Cabin Air Filter goes a long way to ensure top-notch air quality.
It’s twice as heavy as standard cabin air filters, making it far more durable and reliable. The Spearhead Breathe Easy Filter uses industrial strength electrostatic media to trap even the tiniest of particles while the densely packed activated carbon prevents gases and odors.
We like the Spearhead Premium Breathe Easy Cabin Filter because it comes in varying sizes to fit as many vehicles as possible.
When you click on the above link, simply enter the specific size for your vehicle and add it to your cart for easy, reliable installation.
6. Purolator C36179 Single Cabin Air Filter
- Designed with multiple fiber layers to remove even the smallest particles, providing clean, filtered air
- Particulate layer restricts entry of large airborne particles into the A/C system
- Reduces the dust that accumulates inside your car and helps to keep it cleaner
- Brand: Purolator
- Dimensions: 12.6 x 9.4 x 1.3 inches
- Item Number: C36179
- Cleaning Component: Multi-Fiber High-Density Non-Woven Media
- Brand Replacement: Various
- Replacement Interval: 12 months or 12,000 miles
Offering better airflow for your A/C system, the Purolator C36179 will most likely increase energy efficiency in time.
Designed with multiple fiber layers to remove even the smallest particles, it provides clean, filtered air to the entire cabin, thus increasing you and your passenger’s lung health by a large margin.
The Purolator Single Cabin Air Filter is relatively easy to install, although it might feel flimsy at times. Nevertheless, its large compatibility with numerous vehicles, decent price, and efficiency make it a bargain deal for many people.
The Purolator C36179 Single Cabin Air Filter provides clean and fresh air inside a variety of cars’ interior cabin.
Not only that, but it also improves the A/C system and defroster’s performance by a large margin because it enhances air flow.
5. K&N VF2005 Washable & Reusable Air Filter
- INCREASED AIRFLOW IMPROVES HEATING/COOLING EFFICIENCY
- HELPS CONTROL ODORS: Treated to help capture contaminants that cause odors. Dirty disposable cabin...
- SAVE MONEY: Washable product that lasts
- Brand: K&N
- Dimensions: 10 x 2 x 11 inches
- Item Number: VF2005
- Cleaning Component: Electrostatically charged
- Brand Replacement: Various
- Replacement Interval: 50,000 miles between servicing, depending on driving conditions
If you want a filter that greatly improves airflow efficiency, one of your best bets is the K&N VF2005.
This extremely long-lasting filter outlives all others because you can wash it every 6 months and reuse it up to 50,000 miles in total.
Plus, there’s no need to oil it or use a special cleaning kit. You can, however, purchase an anti-microbial spray if you like. Furthermore, the K&N VF2005 Cabin Air Filter captures contaminants that cause odors, making your car’s interior smell much nicer than ever before.
The K&N VF2005 Washable & Reusable Air Filter is an extremely valuable purchase for any car owner who wants their cabin air to be as clean as possible.
Since the company offers a 10-year, million-mile warranty, you can rest assured that your investment will have been worth it despite the initial asking price.
4. FRAM CF10134 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter
- Filters up to 98% of dust, pollen, and other contaminants
- Arm & Hammer baking soda combined with carbon cleans the outside air flowing through the ventilation...
- Provides more air flow for improved performance and helps prevent musty odors from forming inside the...
- Brand: Fram
- Dimensions: 10 x 2 x 10 inches
- Item Number: CF10134
- Cleaning Component: Baking Soda, Carbon
- Brand Replacement: N/A
- Replacement Interval: 12,000-15,000 miles
Baking soda and carbon do an excellent job of cleaning the air coming inside the cabin. And the FRAM CF10134 has both.
It’s rated at a 98% efficiency of trapping dust, pollen, and other contaminants. The filter also prevents damaging particles from entering even the highest horsepower engine and causing expensive damage.
One thing that sets the FRAM CF10134 apart from other best cabin air filter units is that it not only comes with an instruction manual, but also with QR codes that redirect you to instructional videos for an even more seamless installation experience.
The FRAM CF10134 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter is one of the best cabin air filter units for the price.
Although there are less expensive options, this one filters a ton of pollutants and allergens while also being able to fit in a wide variety of car types from different manufacturers.
3. ECOGARD XC36115 Premium Cabin Air Filter
- COMPATIBLE with 2009-2018 Subaru Forester, 2008-2016 Subaru Impreza, 2013-2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek,...
- REMOVES AND FILTERS 99.5% of all dust, pollen, air pollution, allergens, pet dander, and other airborne...
- INSTALLS EASILY with included instructions - only takes a few minutes in most cars.
- Brand: ECOGARD
- Dimensions: 11.4 x 11 x 4.3 inches
- Item Number: XC36115
- Cleaning Component: Electrostatic Fibers
- Brand Replacement: Subaru
- Replacement Interval: 12,000-15,000 miles
Compatible with many Subaru models, the ECOGARD XC36115 Premium Cabin Air Filter removes 99.5% of all dust, pollen, air pollution, allergens, pet dander, and other airborne contaminants.
It comes at a highly affordable price and it helps prevent premature wear on your car’s HVAC. On most cars, it only takes a few minutes to install, and the instruction manual is well-written, giving you a step by step, easy-to-follow tutorial.
While it’s not much better than an OEM model, it’s sufficient for a needed replacement. The ECOGARD XC36115 is specifically engineered to replace Subaru original equipment, but it also works with other vehicles as well and you can check the compatibility directly on the product page.
The ECOGARD XC36115 Premium Cabin Air Filter is an excellent choice for most Subaru owners.
We like the fact that it’s rewashable and reusable, so it adds even more value for the already highly affordable price tag.
2. POTAUTO MAP 3011C
- ▼ Spec.: 10.24" (Length), 6" (Width), 1" (Height); Four-layer fabric (One Carbon Layer); Installation...
- ▼ Applications Where Used: (CUBE 09-14, JUKE 11-17, LEAF 11-18, SENTRA 13-19) (See Amazon Part Finder...
- ▼ Benefits: (1) Reducing at least 98% of these contaminants (Dust, Exhaust Gas, Particles of 5-100...
- Brand: Potauto
- Dimensions: 10.24 x 6 x 1 inches
- Item Number: 3011C
- Cleaning Component: Active Carbon
- Brand Replacement: MANN & HUMMEL CU15001, NAPA 4012
- Replacement Interval: Every 12 months or 12,000- 15,000 miles
Our second choice for the best cabin air filter is the POTAUTO MAP 3011C, which offers protection against small particles and bigger pollutants such as leaves as well.
The POTAUTO MAP 3011C comes with a thick four-layer fabric that is able to eliminate up to 98% of all contaminants. Finding a cabin air filter that covers so many types of pollutants such as this one is hard in itself, especially when considering the ridiculously low price.
We like that it comes with a clear instruction manual that guides you through the installation process step by step. And we also like that it’s compatible with a wide range of vehicles. You can check the compatibility directly on the product page.
The POTAUTO MAP 3011C is a cheap yet reliable cabin air filter that fits many vehicle models.
We recommend it for anyone who wants an affordable method of purifying the air in their car cabin.
1. Best cabin air filter: EPAuto CP285 (CF10285)
- Clean air for driver and passengers
- Contains soda and carbon to generate fresh breeze air
- Enhanced HVAC performance, Recommended replacement every 12 months or 12,000 miles.
- Brand: EPAuto
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 8.1 x 2.8 inches
- Item Number: CP285
- Cleaning Component: Activated carbon, Baking Soda
- Brand Replacement: Replacement for FRAM CF10285
- Replace Interval: 12 months or 12,000 miles
If you want the absolute best cabin air filter you can find, this product will more than satisfy your needs.
The EPAuto CP285 cabin air filter is compatible with a wide range of car brands and models. Even if you have an older car, chances are it will fit right in. As for newer models, it’s compatible even with vehicles made in 2019 and even 2020.
Users like the EPAuto CP285 because it lasts long and performs as advertised. They also love the fact that they save a ton of money because they’re able to install it themselves. Going to a car repair shop usually costs tens of dollars extra for a simple installation, so this is a great money saver.
The EPAuto cabin air filter is easy to install and does a phenomenal job.
Since you only need to replace it once per year or once every 12,000 miles, you’ll save even more money in the long run, not just on a dealership installation.
Other car maintenance tips
Since you are here, you’re probably wondering what else you can do to improve your driving experience and your car’s lifespan.
Your car’s exterior is just as important as the interior, so pay attention to what foam cannon you get for washing your vehicle.
And to prevent your car from getting scratched easily, we also recommend looking into the best car waxes.
Final thoughts on the best cabin air filter
Replacing a regular filter with the best cabin air filter for your vehicle will net you a ton of benefits.
Cleaner air and means healthier lungs, which in turn increases your lifespan and that of the passengers who regularly ride in your vehicle. And since you care for yourself and your family, check out other garage tools that will enhance your car’s safety.